5.16.2008

a funky wine i like

Last year I had a little problem with my heart. The Dr. asked me if I liked wine. I answered in the affirmative. So he prescribed a glass or two of red wine a week. I've tried different brands, usually in the $10 - 15 range. I'm not going to splurge if I'm the only one drinking it and I feel like I have too. I found some I liked and some that were wretched!

In honor of Robert Mondavi, who died today at the age of 94, I decided to recommend my favorite inexpensive Red table wine. Nothing fancy, but good.

Right now my favorite is:
Funky Llama
Price: $5.99 @ Meijer (sometimes $4.99)
Type: Malbec
Cork: Yellow plastic with the word "Funky" and a picture of a llama.

Alc. by Volume: 13%

The year currently available is 2005 and 2006. I liked the 2004 better, get that if you can find it.

It's from Argentina using grapes from the Malbec vineyards. I'm not an authority on wines, I just know what I like and don't like. I don't like fruity or very weak wines. The 2006 that I found at Marsh was too fruity and watery for my taste. All in all, for a guy who's supposed to buy it for health benefits and rarely finishes the bottle, the pure value can't be beat.

Je leve mon verre a votre sante. Enjoy.

Technorati Tags: ,,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Flux Directory