6.03.2008

just started a new book for summer

Hey, was at Wal-Mart yesterday (YES, I know it's EVIL, but Seeker's having budget troubles this month) and on a whim picked up The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss.

I'm not a huge fantasy fan. I've read a lot of it through my Ex. She has them all. Of course I love the Lord of the Rings and Tad Williams' series. I kept hearing such good things about this book that when I saw it, I picked it up. I know, blew my budget and negated the entire reason for going to Wal-Mart. (Hey, they don't still censor their books do they?) *Worried*

I started it late last night and only 50 pages in. I stayed up way too late watching Game 5 of the Stanley Cup Finals, awesome game IMHO.

I'll post a review when I'm finished.

The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle: Day One), by Patrick Rothfuss
Published by: DAW Paperback (April 2008)
ISBN: 075640407X
Genre: Fantasy

Update - Patrick Rothfuss will be in Indy for Gen Con, August 14-17, 2008
Convention: Gen Con
Reading, signing, workshop, and many many panels.
Indianapolis, IN
Click here for more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Flux Directory