11.21.2008

Oh! The Humanity!! In Which Gov. Palin Shows Us How Not to Pardon a Turkey

pNot since the hilarious "Turkeys Away" episode of WKRP in Cincinnati has there been a more misguided use of Turkeys! Wearing a Burberry scarf, drinking a Starbucks Latte, former Vice Presidential candidate Sarah Palin gave an interview yesterday on KTUU Channel 2 in Anchorage, Palin is interviewed at a turkey farm while a man drains the blood from dead turkeys in the background.

I partially grew up on a farm, I'm not a vegetarian, I love eating turkeys, and I don't inherently think there's anything wrong with eating them ... but honestly, how dumb is that to stage a T.V. interview right there. I believe most people are of the we-don't-want-to-see-how-our-food-gets-to-the-table-just-so-long-as-it-does mentality. And that's fine. Just more proof that she just doesn't get it and that Wasilla was missing their village idiot during this campaign!!

My favorite thing were the Chyrons below the MSNBC footage:

0:20 "TURKEYS DIE AS GOVERNOR PALIN TAKES QUESTIONS FROM THE MEDIA"
0:35 "GOV. SARAH PALIN KEEPS TALKING WHILE TURKEYS GET SLAUGHTERED BEHIND HER"
1:00 "GOV. PALIN APPARENTLY OBLIVIOUS TO TURKEY CARNAGE OVER HER SHOULDER"
1:20 "GOV. PALIN NOT REALIZING THE INCONGRUITY OF HER WORDS VERSUS HER BACKDROP"

I had to double check to make sure I wasn't watching The Daily Show.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Flux Directory